The International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA)® 2018 is open for entries with an expanded jury, a new look and some new categories. Here is a preview of first-round questions asked about each entry. Feel free to begin thinking about your answers, before our competition opens at the start of the new year.
- What is it? Include the official title of your entry and use complete sentences to submit a comprehensive, 150-word max. description of your entry—perhaps one that you would use to describe your entry to the general public.
- Challenge Faced: What was the challenge that you faced in creating this product/project?
- Unique Design: How is this design unique or innovative, compared to other designs in this category?
- User Experience: How does this design deliver a simple, intuitive or delightful user experience?
- Benefit to Client: How does this design improve the client or manufacturer's profitability, brand reputation, employee morale, etc.?
- Benefit to Society: How does this design benefit the greater good? Consider society, the environment, culture, the economy, etc.
We also ask that you include up to 5 images no larger than 4MB (.jpg or .jpeg). If it adds to your entry, you are also encouraged to upload a video no larger than 50MB.