#IDSASeattle15 Offers First IDSA Experience
The 2015 IDSA International Conference in Seattle is offering attendees a new space to engage. Located in the Grand Crescent Room at The Westin, the IDSA Experience will give attendees the opportunity to meet IDSA leadership, staff, speakers and members. Attendees also can find out the latest on offsite daytime tours; offsite, evening studio visits and happy hours; and IDSA membership. Members can share their ideas on how the Society can continue to be relevant and valuable, and how they get the most from their membership.
Other IDSA Experience activities include:
- TOMS Style Your Sole: Design a pair of TOMS shoes to be donated to a child in need. Styling Times: Thursday, August 20 and Friday, August 21 from noon-1:30pm and 2:30-3:30pm; and Saturday, August 22 from noon to 1pm.
- Design Foundation Auction: The onsite portion of this event will be held only at the conference as a silent auction on Wednesday, August 19, from 5pm-6pm and 8pm-9:30pm, Thursday, August 20 from 9am-4pm; Friday, August 21, from 9am-3pm; and Saturday, August 22 from 9am-1pm.
Among the items up for bid are five pairs of TOMS shoes customized by industry notables Read Worth, COO, Oregon Design Lab; Alex Gajowskyj, CEO, Gee & Associates LLC; Nick Huber, Design Director, MESH01; Sangmin Lee, Design and Innovation Consultant; and Jason Belaire, IDSA West District VP; Owner-Designer, ENFOQUE Design.
The online portion of the Design Foundation Auction will launch immediately after the conference on August 23 and continue through Sept. 13. The auction benefits design education.
- Relax and Recharge Lounge: Get off your feet and charge your mobile device in between conference activities.
- Back to the Future: Sonos, a smart system of wireless speakers and audio components, will share the sounds of the '60s, taking attendees back to the groovy era when IDSA was founded.
- Pin It: Pick up your commemorative, IDSA 50th Anniversary pin, 3D printed by Shapeways with assistance from Radius.
- Network: Check out the latest innovations from IDSA sponsors including Agora: An Outside Edge and Shapeways.
- Conversation Corner: Love design? Love IDSA? Pull up a seat and share your thoughts with us on camera; help us #RenewID
Any questions? Contact email@example.com.