Mark Your Calendars for the 2016 IDSA DDCs
From coast-to-coast in April 2016, IDSA will host five District Design Conferences (DDCs), providing hundreds of industrial design students and professionals with the opportunity to meet face-to-face, explore the latest developments in design and related fields, secure career advice, recognize the next generation of designers in the IDSA Student Merit Awards and tour top-rated design institutions in the United States.
Hear speakers from some of the biggest names in business such as Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, GoPro, Bose, Philips, Whirlpool, SC Johnson, Bissell, Cinnabon and MailChimp, and from top design firms such as Whipsaw, Michael Graves, Pensa, TEAMS, Formation and Continuum. Mark your calendars now with these themes, dates and locations. Register to attend one or more of the DDCs based on your interests:
- Central District Design Conference (CDDC): Industrial “Strength” Design, brought to you by GE Appliances, April 1–2, Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, PA; Chair Jeevak Badve, IDSA Central District VP
- West District Design Conference (WDDC): DESIGN: GIFT Empathy Driven Solutions, April 1–2, Metropolitan State University of Denver, CO; Chair Jason Belaire, IDSA West District VP
- South District Design Conference (SDDC): desXgn—experience is everything, April 15–16, Auburn University, AL; Chair Chris Livaudais, IDSA South District VP
- Midwest District Design Conference (MWDDC): Disrupt, Construct and Transform, April 22–23, University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign; Chair Marianne Grisdale, IDSA Midwest District VP
- Northeast District Design Conference (NEDDC): I am a Designer: AMA. April 29–30, High School of Art and Design, New York City; Chair Jeremy Van Hill, IDSA Northeast District VP. Submit your questions to the speakers now!
The DDC chairs, who are part of IDSA’s Board of Directors, are pledging to challenge and reinvigorate attendees. “If there was ever a perfect time to unleash the raw power of the fundamentals of industrial design, it’s now!” says Badve, who is hosting his fifth conference. “Industrial design always has had a meaningful position. From now on, it’s only going to be more strategic. We should proudly declare, “We are industrial designers!”
Follow the latest updates @IDSA #CDDC16 #SDDC16 #MWDDC16 #WDDC16 #NEDDC16 on Twitter and on http://www.idsa.org/events/district, For more information on Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities, email Katrina Kona or call 703.707.6000 x 100.