Accepting entries until January 8, 2021
Building on the first edition of the IDSA Senior Show we launched for industrial design students who graduated in Spring 2020, IDSA is honored to continue to provide a virtual platform for students who are graduating at the end of the Fall 2020 semester or in Spring 2021. This platform is meant to increase the visibility of these students' work and assist in their transition to the professional design community. The IDSA Industrial Design Senior Show is completely free and open to any graduating industrial design senior.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, many schools have had to adjust their programing in the interest of public health. Students and educators have had to transition from their typical academic settings to completely remote-study or hybrid learning environments in 2020, facing myraid challenges during a highly unprecedented school year.
Senior Gallery Shows have long been a tradition of graduating classes. These events allow students to showcase their work and present it to the public design community. Unfortunately, these shows too have been impacted by our current inability to gather due to COVID-19 restrictions.
IDSA is built on community and we are committed to supporting the next generation of industrial designers by offering an Industrial Design Senior Show online. Thanks to Leslie Speer, IDSA (Chair of Product Design at MICA) and Verena Paepcke-Hjeltness, IDSA (IDSA Education Director and Associate Professor of Practice in Design at the University of Texas) for helping to build this initiative.
The IDSA Senior Show is open for uploads now!
Simply log in, upload your work, complete your biography and boom! You're in the show!
Entries for this round will be accepted now through January 8, 2021.
Seniors - Here's what you'll need for the IDSA Industrial Design Senior Show:
- Three (3) high-resolution images (1920 x 1280 @ 144 dpi) of your work. These can be compositions / hero shots which show three different projects or you can choose to highlight different stages of a single project. What you show is totally up to you.
- Each image can have a short written description to help provide additional details, 100 words or less per description.
- Project thumbnail image (visible in the main gallery view), 400 x 400 @ 144 dpi
Biography & Contact Info
- Headshot, 400 x 400 @ 144 dpi
- Your first and last name
- School name
- IDSA membership status, if applicable
- Hyperlink to your personal website or portfolio page
- Hyperlink to your LinkedIn profile
- Hyperlink to your Instagram page