Accepting submissions now through June 15
As first announced to our academic community on March 26 (via our Educator Update email), we are pleased to provide a virtual platform for graduating 2020 senior industrial design students to increase visibility of their work and assist in their transition to the professional design community. The IDSA Industrial Design Senior Show will be completely free and open to any graduating industrial design senior.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, many (if not all) schools have had to adjust their programing in the interest of public health. Students and educators alike have been displaced from their typical academic settings and have transitioned to a completely remote-study environment in order to complete the final classes of the Spring 2020 semester. As challenging as this is, the dedicated and quick actions of design educators and institutions are ensuring that these senior students can complete the final courses of their college careers.
Senior Gallery Shows have long been a tradition of graduating classes. These events allow students to showcase their work and present it to the public design community. Unfortunately, these shows too have been impacted by our current inability to gather due to COVID-19 restrictions.
IDSA is built on community and we are committed to supporting the next generation of industrial designers by offering an Industrial Design Senior Show online. Thanks to Leslie Speer, IDSA (Chair of Product Design at MICA) and Verena Paepcke-Hjeltness, IDSA (IDSA Education Director and Associate Professor of Practice in Design at the University of Texas) for helping build this intiative.
The IDSA Senior Show is open for uploads now!
Simply log in, upload your work, complete your biography and boom! You're in the show!
Entries will be accepted now through June 15, 2020.
Seniors - Here's what you'll need for the IDSA Industrial Design Senior Show:
- Three (3) high-resolution images (1920 x 1280 @ 144 dpi) of your work. These can be compositions / hero shots which show three different projects or you can choose to highlight different stages of a single project. What you show is totally up to you.
- Each image can have a short written description to help provide additional details, 100 words or less per description.
- Project thumbnail image (visible in the main gallery view), 400 x 400 @ 144 dpi
Biography & Contact Info
- Headshot, 400 x 400 @ 144 dpi
- Your first and last name
- School name
- IDSA membership status, if applicable
- Hyperlink to your personal website / portfolio page
- Hyperlink to your LinkedIn profile
- Hyperlink to your Instagram page
Special offer for the IDSA community:
Top Level Design/Porkbun is offering the IDSA community one year of a free .design domain name. That is a savings of $34 at Porkbun or around $75 at other registrars such as GoDaddy. Along with the free domain, they're offering free WHOIS Privacy, free SSL Certificates, free email hosting for one year, and free web hosting for three months.
Simply click this coupon code-embedded link to get your free .design domain name.
The benefits of a .design URL:
- A .design domain name allows you to stand out from the crowd with an elegant domain name that states what you do from the beginning.
- A .design domain name helps with branding yourself as a professional designer.
- There are many .com and .net domain names that are already taken. .design allows you to find your perfect URL, catered just to you.
- Join other major brands like Adobe, Facebook, Slack, Airbnb, NPR, Kohler, Amazon, Spotify, etc. who also use a .design domain name.
- A .design domain name is a context-relevant domain name that states what you do.
- Clear branding is important to gain clients or landing your dream job. .design helps you do exactly that.
- A .design domain elegantly showcases your brand. It's perfect for online portfolios and looks good in email addresses and on business cards.
- A .design domain name is a perfectly descriptive and utilitarian tool for designers and the companies they work for.
- .design brings personal branding to a new level. Your domain can now be a part of your story.
- By using .design, you are tying yourself to a creative class of studios, stores, freelance professionals, and major design departments.