- 2016 / 2017 IDSA NW Board
- IMVisible Design Challenge: Hack the Giving System / Submissions due by September 5
- IMVisible Sip & Sketch / August 18 / THIS THURSDAY!
- Seattle Design Festival Block Party / September 10-11
- Bring Your Own (BYO) Seattle Design Festival Wrap-up Party / September 20 / Featuring the winners of the IMVisible Design Challenge
- October IDSA NW Happy Hour / October 6
INTRODUCING THE NEW BOARD!
Please welcome the 2016 / 2017 IDSA NW Chapter Board of Directors:
- Henry Hiltner - Chair firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
- Anthony Garzzona - Vice-Chair email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
- Liberty Harrington - Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
- Tawny Hixon - Treasurer email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
- Ana Mengote - Student Liaison firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
- Drew Fletcher email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
- Travis Tom firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
- Claire Jordan email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
Please feel free to contact any of us directly if you have any questions, suggestions or ideas to improve the chapter.
IMVisible DESIGN CHALLENGE
Submissions are due Monday September 5th, 11:59pm / imvisible.us(link is external) / Free Entry - Donations Appreciated
Join our design challenge now!(link is external)
The IMVisible project is a Design Challenge that hopes to engage the community to rethink the way we give to the homeless in the Seattle area. Submissions will be displayed at our exhibit at the Seattle Design Festival Block Party, September 9-11, where the judging will occur. The top 3 submissions will present their work at the wrap party, Bring Your Own "BYO" on September 11th.
Help us hack the giving system!
Please spread the word! Details are on the website. All submissions are due Monday September 5th, 11:59pm.
We are also looking for challenge and exhibit sponsors. Please visit: imvisible.us/give(link is external).
IMVisible SIP & SKETCH
August 18th / THIS THURSDAY! / Sparksy Design / 6-9pm / 304 Alaskan Way S, 3rd Floor, Seattle, WA 98104 / Suggested Donation - $5
Join us this Thursday for an ideation session for the IMVisible Design Challenge. Arrive on time to participate in “How to Make Toast,” a prompt that will help get the creative juices flowing. Bring your ideas and favorite drawing tools! Paper and cheap beer will be provided. RSVP HERE!(link is external)
SEATTLE DESIGN FESTIVAL BLOCK PARTY
September 10-11 / Occidental Park in Pioneer Square / Free
The Block Party showcases designers and studios from all over the city, with exhibits, installations and booth, open and free to the public. Join us for the as we present submissions from the IMVisible design challenge. Vote for your favorite ideas and soak up the general splendor of the design scene in Seattle. We will also be handing out "Give & Take" packages to people in need at our booth.
We are looking for donations for the "Give & Take" packages and sponsors for the Exhibition. If you or your organization is interested, head to imvisible.us/give(link is external) for more information. GIVE HERE!(link is external)
We need volunteers at our booth! If you enjoy speaking with other designers and the general public about design, then you’re the right person for the job. VOLUNTEER HERE!(link is external)
BRING YOUR OWN "BYO" SDF WRAP PARTY
September 20 / Sparksy Design / 304 Alaskan Way S, 3rd Floor, Seattle, WA 98104 / $10 entry general public / $5 for IDSA members
Bring Your Own "BYO" is a speakers forum for beginning to mid-level professionals to share their ideas, thoughts, and passions, in short-form presentation mode (think Pecha Kucha, but WAY more relaxed). This event will feature presentations from the IMVisible Design Challenge finalists. GET TICKETS HERE!(link is external)
IDSA NW HAPPY HOUR
October 6 / 5-9 / Location TBD / Free entry
Mark your calendars, happy hour is here again! Connect or reconnect with your design peers in the Seattle area. More details will follow!