Welcome to INNOVATION, IDSA's quarterly design journal and one of the best places to learn about the practice of design. Every issue of INNOVATION reaches IDSA's membership, the CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, universities, associations, design consultancies and subscribers around the world.
If you are logged in as a member you will see a link to the digital version of INNOVATION to the right.
Professional IDSA members receive a free copy of INNOVATION four times a year as part of their member benefits. Copies of past articles or full editions of can be ordered by calling 703.707.6000, x118. Nonmembers can subscribe to the quarterly or become an IDSA member.
Here is the table of contents for the 2012 Summer issue, which focuses on design for wounded warriors. Articles highlighted in red are available to anyone as PDFs.
WOUNDED WARRIORS + DESIGN
- Doing it By Design
by Patricia Moore, FIDSA, guest editor
- Redesigning the Great American Pastime: Play Ball!
by Jason Billingsley, David Van Sleet
- A Rehabilitation Center Design Project for Wounded Warriors: Daring to Care
by Vibhavari Jani
- Support from a High-Tech Lab--or the House Next Door: From a Myoelectric Mouse to a Hammer and Nail
by Stephen Karl and Julie Fisher
- Arming Our Veterans
by Dean Kamen
- The Wounded Warrior Homes: An Agile Discourse Between Dualities
by Altay Sendil and Hilary Hoeber
- An In-Depth Look
by Michael Graves & Associates
- An Inclusive Consumer Research Perspective: Coming Home
by Brian McMahon and Joyce Chung
- Extreme Learning for Everyday Design: Lessons from the One-Handed World
by Kelley Styring
- Design Obsolescence: A Thing of the Past
by Tony Kawanari, IDSA and Gabriel Botkins
- Biomimicry & Design Education: Shaking Hands with a Sloth
by Adelheid Fischer
- Consumer Collaboration: Setting Off an Ideastorm
by Gary Grossman, IDSA