Welcome to INNOVATION, IDSA's quarterly design journal and one of the best places to learn about the practice of design. Every issue of INNOVATION reaches IDSA's membership, the CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, universities, associations, design consultancies and subscribers around the world.
If you are logged in as a member you will see a link to the digital version of INNOVATION to the right.
Professional IDSA members receive a free copy of INNOVATION four times a year as part of their member benefits. Copies of past articles or full editions of can be ordered by calling 703.707.6000, x118. Nonmembers can subscribe to the quarterly or become an IDSA member.
Here is the table of contents for the 2012 Spring issue, which focused on form. Articles highlighted in red are available to anyone as PDFs.
- Form is Function
by Tucker Viemeister, FIDSA, guest editor
- Design to Touch, Use & Inhabit
by Bill Moggridge, FIDSA
- Bringing Form to Light: Designing with a New Lighting Technology
by Michael McCoy
by Karim Rashid
- A Form Speaks a Thousand Words
by Gregg Davis, IDSA
- This Is Rhythms
by Karen Gaylord
- Industrial Design and Its Education: Defining Its Visual Responsibility
by Kathryn Filla and Martin Skalski
- Hands & Minds
by Hartmut Esslinger
- The Transformative Power of the Design Studio: The Path to a Black Belt in Design
by Peter Chamberlain, IDSA and Craig M. Vogel, FIDSA
- The Formlessness of Form and Contemplative Biology
by Steven Skov Holt, IDSA
- Communicating Design Intent with Form: Visual Intelligence
by Jeffrey Kapec, IDSA
- Eva Zeisel Tribute
- The Designer's Dilemma, Portfolio and Matrix: Feeding the Development Pipeline
by Aidan Petrie, IDSA