2021 Editorial Calendar
Dates subject to change without notice.
- SPRING: Decolonizing Industrial Design
In print, April 2021
Guest Editor: Raja Schaar, IDSA
An exploration into the complex topic of colonized design and how dismantling certain aspects of our institutional constructs could foster a more inclusive and diverse industrial design profession.
- SUMMER: Theme TBD
In print, June 2021
A preview of IDC 2021 with additional articles from guest contributors writting about current issues within the industrial design profession.
- FALL: 2021 Yearbook of Design Excellence
In print, September 2021
Profiles of the 2021 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) winners and Featured Finalists, as well as IDSA Award recipients.
- WINTER: Industrial Design Education
In print, December 2021
An in-depth look at the current state and future needs of industrial design education. Includes profiles of the 2021 IDSA Student Merit Award winners and school finalists.
In Every Issue
Every issue includes themed articles written by members of the design community specifically for publication in INNOVATION. Additionally there are regular featured columns, including:
- Beautility - by Tucker Viemeister, FIDSA
- Design DNA - by Scott Henderson, IDSA
- Academia 360 - Verena Paepcke-Hjeltness, IDSA & Aziza Cyamani, IDSA
- A Final Thought - Judith Anderson, IDSA for 2021 issues
- From HQ - Updates on IDSA programming, events, and community by IDSA's Executive Director, Chris Livaudais