This Code of Conduct is meant to ensure an enjoyable experience for all who attend. It applies to all attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, vendors and guests. It also pertains to official off-site events outside of the main Women in Design Deep Dive 2020 venue locations.
Women in Design Deep Dive 2020 provides a welcoming environment regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment or inappropriate behavior in any form.
Inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Sexual language and imagery in talks or workshops (unless otherwise approved or is part of the session’s announced subject matter)
- Sexual language and imagery at parties or on social media
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices or sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording
- Inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
Anyone found to be violating this Code of Conduct is subject to removal from the Women in Design Deep Dive 2020 event and its related activities without a refund. Sole discretion to remove an individual resides with the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA), the conference organizers.