This Code of Conduct applies to all Business of Design Deep Dive 2021 attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, vendors and guests. It also pertains to all virtual platforms used during the event, including social media.
The Business of Design Deep Dive 2021 provides a welcoming environment regardless of gender and expression, age, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, ability, physical appearance, body size, religion (or lack thereof), career level, and technology choices.
We do not tolerate harassment or inappropriate behavior in any form. Inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Sexual language and imagery in talks or workshops (unless otherwise approved or is part of the session’s announced subject matter)
- Sexual language and imagery at parties or on social media
- Derogatory comments related to gender and expression, age, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, ability, physical appearance, body size, religion (or lack thereof), career level, and technology choices.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, or harassment of attendees, speakers, or organizers, whether through messaging, comments, images, or recordings
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
Leave space for dialogue
At Business of Design Deep Dive 2021, deep listening is our way to interact in inclusive ways. Allow time and space for everyone to share their thoughts during workshops or other small groups. While pauses in conversation can feel uncomfortable or unnatural for some, leaving space allows second-language speakers as well as more introverted and introspective individuals to gather their thoughts.
When you do speak, please use video if your connection allows, as non-verbal communication can aid in clearer and more inclusive communication between individuals. Please stay on mute unless speaking.
Network respectfully and support others
Meeting new people is a central part of the Business of Design Deep Dive 2021 experience. As such, many people will be interacting and contacting each other for the first time. Please be respectful of others and do not overstep boundaries. If you see someone you’d like to connect with and you share a mutual connection, consider asking the mutual party to provide the introduction.
Anyone found to be violating this Code of Conduct is subject to removal from the Business of Design Deep Dive 2021 and its related activities without a refund. Sole discretion to remove an individual resides with the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA), the conference organizers.