What is the IDSA International Conference?
Each year, designers, business leaders, educators and students from all over the world gather at the IDSA International Conference and Education Symposium. This event combines provocative speakers with practical information and solutions, as well as with plenty of time for building personal and professional connections.
Who should attend?
Designers, business professionals, design educators and students—anyone who is passionate about design, eager to learn more about industrial design and shape the future of the profession.
What do registration fees cover and how are they set?
- Professional registration fees include attendance to the full conference, conference materials, admission to the opening reception and closing Gala.
- Because we strive to keep educator and student rates as low as possible, educator and student registration fees do not include admission to the opening Gala, but interested educators and students can purchase a separate ticket to the Gala if they so choose (email IDSA if interested). Opening Reception tickets are included with the educator and student rates.
- For all registrants, breakfasts and dinners are on your own.
Do I have to be an IDSA member to register?
No. The International Conference is open to everyone. However, IDSA members are eligible to receive significant discounts on registration rates. Learn more about IDSA membership. Check out the benefits and join here.
Can I buy a one-day pass to the conference?
- A limited number of day passes are available at a rate of $525
- Each individual may only purchase a one-day pass for one day’s attendance.
Contact Katie Fleger to obtain a day pass.
How do you select speakers for the conference?
Each year, IDSA announces an open call for speakers inviting members, nonmembers, chapter leaders and other interested parties to propose suggestions for the program. The conference chair vets these submissions with the planning committee and selects those submissions that will best fit the conference theme.
Will video of the conference be available?
Yes. IDSA will post video of select presentations on the IDSA website following the conference.
What is the dress code?
What is the weather like in Atlanta in August?
Atlanta’s average high temperature in August is 88 degrees with an average low temperature of 70 degrees.
Do you offer any comp registrations?
No. At this time, we are unable to offer complimentary registrations to anyone. This policy is based on a firm commitment to equity and fairness.
Inquiries about media coverage of the International Conference and IDEA should be directed to Sudha Kamath