Theodore G. Clement, FIDSA
Inducted into the Academy of Fellows: 1965
US industrial designer who graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in mechanical engineering and from Syracuse University in architecture.
He joined Eastman Kodak in 1930 as an industrial engineer, and worked as an assistant to Walter Dorwin Teague, Kodak's design consultant. With Teague's encouragement, he applied for and obtained a position in Kodak's Camera Works as a renderer.
During WWII, he wrote and illustrated manuals for military equipment. In 1945 he established and headed a new internal design group and in 1957 started another new design group for all non-amateur product development.
He lectured abroad and at many universities, was National Secretary and International Liaison Officer for IDI, and was a delegate to the first ICSID Assembly in 1959. He received IDI Fellowship, which was honored by IDSA in 1965 when the organizations merged.
He retired in the early 1960s.