Sandor F. Weisz (Sandy), FIDSA
Inducted into the Academy of Fellows:
MARKETING Consultant, Stamford, CT 2004 – Present
- Provide industry expertise, to mid-size companies in the development & implementation of global business-to-business marketing programs, including: product design, product marketing & branding, research and strategy, sales collateral, web site development, advertising, product publicity, direct mail, technical papers & trade show support.
XEROX Corporation, Stamford, CT 2002 – 2004
- copying and printing systems
Vice President, Marketing, Product Design and Corporate Identity - Xerox Engineering Systems
- Developed a distinctive new “look and feel” for the entire product line of wide format printing systems.
- Created a new logo and brand identity separate from parent company, in preparation for spin-off from Xerox.
- Improved QA procedures and assembly processes at contracted manufacturing facility in Shenzhen, China.
LERNOUT and HAUSPIE Speech Products, N.V., Ieper, Belgium 2000 – 2002
- speech and language technologies (L&H acquired Dictaphone in 2000)
Senior Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Creative Services Worldwide
- Developed a corporate brand integration program for L&H, the company had recently completed an acquisition plan that had added several companies to the corporation and changed considerably the corporate profile.
- Member of management team that integrated the products and services of the newly acquired companies.
- Centralized $25 million of expense and initiated policy for a singular brand identity for L&H worldwide.
DICTAPHONE Corporation, Stratford, CT 1986 - 2000
- voice processing and recording systems
Executive Vice President, Corporate and Business Unit Marketing Communications and Creative Services
- After the sale of Dictaphone (by Pitney Bowes) to an investment group, repositioned the company within its key vertical markets and established a new corporate image & brand identity that was independent of the former parent.
- Launched many marketing and image initiatives designed to attract new investors and provide the current investors an exit strategy. Within four years of the purchase for $450 million, Dictaphone was sold for $950 million.
Vice President, Corporate Marketing Communications and Creative Services
- Integrated (for the first time in the 100 year history of Dictaphone) marketing, communications, graphic design, and product design, improving the effectiveness and efficiency of each function through common reinforcement.
Senior Director, Business Unit Marketing Communications and Creative Services
- Designed a new product line over a three year period and incorporated an entirely new product design theme.
- Built a web site and introduced to the company multimedia, electronic communications, and e-commerce.
- Combined industrial and graphic design with human interface design and added trade show and corporate showroom design to project a consistent and uniform message to the market.
Director, Creative Services
- Created a new department that replaced outsourced services, and reduced operating expenses by 50%.
PITNEY BOWES, Inc., Stamford, CT 1977 - 1986
- mailing and shipping systems
Industrial Design & Human Factors
- Member of a corporate design group, provided product design services to client subsidiary companies.
Master's - Marketing, University of Connecticut
Bachelor's - Industrial Design, Pratt Institute