12+ years in Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) industry designing, developing, and managing product solutions focused on user experience. Successfully managed personnel and company resources in all areas of design, meeting or exceeding client’s expectations on aesthetics, price points and manufacturing deadlines. Expertise in medical, sporting, electronic, and cellular accessories.
• Working knowledge of molded plastics, metals, assemblies and textiles.
• Concept design sketching
• Multiple rendering capabilities (Illustrated and 3D)
• Technical drawing (CAD and Formal drafting)
• Web Design
• Packaging Design
• Physical model making / Woodworking / Metalworking
Proficient in Microsoft and Mac
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver
Dassault Systèmes Solidworks, Dassault Systèmes Photoview360, Dassault Systèmes Drawings
Keyshot, Corel Draw, Microsoft Office, Autodesk Sketchbook
FORWARD INDUSTRIES, OEM Design and Manufacturing
West Palm Beach, FL (Nov 2003 –April 2015)
Design Director (Jan 2008 – Apr 2015)
Responsible for all areas of design including strategy, concept development, refinement and execution in a fast paced environment with evolving priorities. Constantly adapting designs to meet target price expectations and manufacturing requirements.
• Successfully managed 400+ projects by meeting with sales team and clients to determine design expectations and deadlines.
• Traveled the US, UK, Germany, Switzerland, and China to personally manage client relations during projects as required.
• Directed design staff by delegating responsibilities and providing guidance, coordination and feedback to designers to ensure achievement of goals.
• Increased productivity by implementing systematized procedures by developing a comprehensive employee design protocols manual, and established a designer evaluation program.
• Increased department efficiency by initiating the synchronization of the material libraries in the Hong-Kong and Florida offices to further reduce cost and turnaround times.
• Maintained company competitive by adopting relevant industry evolving standards and trends.
• Reinforced corporate branding by standardizing presentation formats.
Diabetes Care User Experience
Developed in-box carrying solutions and standardized the components for neuropathic users that are now the industry standards in diabetic care. Worked on-site with Marketing, Buyers, and Supply Chain members in the UK.
Lytro, Inc. Accessories
Ground floor design collaboration to develop carrying cases and accessories for the first consumer light field camera. Visited textile markets and factory in Asia with client to advise and assist in finalized product line.
Developed hand straps and holsters for mobile computers and scanners used globally by companies such as FedEx, UPS, and Target.
Leica Camera AG
Collaborated with the Audi Design group in Germany to refine accessories for the Leica-C and Leica-T models.
Senior/Lead Industrial Designer (Aug 05 – Jan 08)
Responsible for designing carrying cases, including refinement and execution based on style, function, quality and safety.
• Developed and managed 160+ high priority projects
• Supported international sales team with client and project prospecting by creating presentations and attending meetings and trade shows across the country.
• Met regularly with vendors to discuss trends and expand material library.
• Mentored and trained all new Junior designers.
XM Radio / Pioneer / Samsung portable receiver In-box Case
Junior Industrial Designer (Nov 03 – Aug 05)
Generated designs to satisfy project criteria by collaborating with senior designer and assisting in presentations.
• Conducted market research, ergonomic evaluation, sketching, and 3D models.
Motorola RAZR V3 In-box Leather Case
RALLY MANUFACTURING / INTEC INC., Car and Video Game Accessories
Miami, FL (Apr 2003 – Nov 2003)
Collaborated on graphic design projects, including collateral design, environmental design and retail signage while cultivating client relationships.
• Designed production graphics for packages, instruction manuals, labels, and ads for video game and automotive accessories.
CRE8TIV JUICE GROUP , Brand and Culture Design
Miami Beach, FL (May 2002 - Apr 2003)
Bacardi / Clevelander Hotel
Designed the Barcardi Mojito Bar at The Clevelander Hotel in South Beach.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Product Design
College for Creative Studies Detroit, MI
Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale Industrial Design Program Advisory Committee
IDSA (The Industrial Designers Society of America)