Welcome to INNOVATION, IDSA's quarterly design journal and one of the best places to learn about the practice of design. Every issue of INNOVATION reaches IDSA's membership, the CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, universities, associations, design consultancies and subscribers around the world.
If you are logged in as a member you will see a link to the digital version of INNOVATION to the right.
Professional IDSA members receive a free copy of INNOVATION four times a year as part of their member benefits. Copies of past articles or full editions of can be ordered by calling 703.707.6000, x118. Nonmembers can subscribe to the quarterly or become an IDSA member.
Here is the table of contents for the 2012 Winter issue, which focuses on design research. Articles highlighted in red are available to anyone as PDFs.
- Design Research Has Come a Long Way
by Stephen B. Wilcox, FIDSA, Guest Editor
- Use-Centered Design in the New World of Complex Design Problems
by Charles L. Mauro, IDSA
- Design and Understanding: My Relationship with Karen
by Dan Formosa
- Designer-Friendly User-Research Methods
by Michael McCoy, IDSA
- The Renaissance of User-Interface Design
by Michael Wiklund
- Designing with People
by Jeremy Myerson
- Wicked Problems: Design Approaches in Complex Health-Care Scenarios
by Alastair S. Macdonald
- Six Subversions of User-Centered Design
by Graham Pullin
- To Let: No Mutants, Murderers or Monsters
by Dave Bramston, I/IDSA
- Expressing Brand Through a Product
by Beyond Design Inc.
- Designing Emotion: Bringing Experiences to Life
by Jill Klegin, IDSA and Danielle Caldwell, IDSA
- Creating a Mindset for Innovation
by Paul Skaggs, IDSA; Richard Fry, IDSA and Geoff Wright