Eugene Bordinat Jr., FIDSA
Inducted into the Academy of Fellows: 1965
U.S. automotive designer who graduated from the University of Michigan and studied art at Cranbrook Academy.
He joined General Motors in 1939, and became a supervisor of the WWII tank program at Fisher Body. He joined Ford in 1947 as supervisor of advanced styling, working with their Lincoln-Mercury Division.
He became vice president of design in 1961 and served in that capacity until his retirement in 1980.
A member and fellow of an IDSA predecessor design organization, his Fellowship was honored by IDSA upon their merger in 1965.