Model Solution Announces Model One Awards at #IDSA17Atlanta
Model Solution announced the student winners of its 2017 Model One Awards at IDSA's International Design Conference in Atlanta. Students from eight universities and design scohols across the United States developed products that enhance quality of life, improve safety, disrupt current technologies and utilize new design concepts.
The winners are:
- Andrew Keel, S/IDSA, North Carolina State University: Designed to incapacitate an assailant without taking a life, the Duo-Shock taser is a non-lethal self/home defense alternative that features a built-in camera.
- Ben Stibal, Purdue University: Respire is a customizable respirator with a built-in fan to remove heat and ensure users done re-breath the same air.
- Juliette Laroche, S/IDSA, University of Houston: Innsaei scuba diving mask increases communication capabilities between divers.
- Loren Chen, University of Notre Dame: The Homegrown indoor composting solution helps gardeners monitor what they put in their compost bin.
- Mike Jacobs, Arizona State University: Zero is a wearable device that aids athletic performance by strengthening an athletes focus on clear and achievable goals.
- Samuel Ach, S/IDSA, Metropolitan State University of Denver: Cybex Mono is a next generation functional weight training platform that maximizes versatility and heightens user engagement through the integration of physical and digital experiences.
- Shannon Chang, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: PRELUDE is a Bluetooth Speaker System that has a 2-way communication feature like a pair of walkie talkies.
- Shubham Harish, S/IDSA, College for Creative Studies: Echo canine prosthetic leg designed to restore a dog’s natural abilities including balance and mobility.
Model Solution says it's proud to have helped the students "bring their designs to life by working to verify designs for manufacturing and selection of colors, materials and finishes." It also developed mock-ups and appearance models, and showcased the winning products at #IDSA17Atlanta.