IDEA is Different, But How?
The clock is ticking to the March 16 regular application deadline for IDSA’s International Design Excellence Awards 2015. What sets IDEA apart from other design competitions?
- IDEA is one of the most prestigious and stringent industrial design competitions in the world; less than two percent of all entries win Gold.
- The best are seeking the best. Two dozen, international, design experts are led by Jury Chair Matthew Marzynski.
- Entries are held to rigorous criteria including innovation; design research and strategy; benefit to the user and to the client; and responsibility.
- The in-depth judging process involves three rounds: initial review, finalist round and award determinations.
- In the first round, a minimum of two jurors are assigned to each of 16 diverse, industry segments—ranging from automotive to medical to social impact—and including design strategy, digital design, packaging and graphics, student designs and research. Those jurors are experts in that field and independently recommend finalists in each category.
- Jurying in the round of finalists is hands-on as the jury interacts with the actual products whenever possible.
- The entire panel of experts determines the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners.
- This is a detailed, thorough process that hones in on the cream of the crop—after all, beauty is not only skin deep.
Find out the FAQs and check out the winning benefits. If you’re ready to set your product apart from the rest, enter IDEA 2015 by March 16 at the regular deadline rate, or by March 30 with the late deadline fee.