#IDSADetroit16 Offers Quite the IDSA Experience
There will be plenty of opportunities at the IDSA International Conference 2016 to hear hot topics in design; get hands-on with workshops; brush up on your career skills; see the sights and much more. But if you're looking for a place to rest or mingle, check out The IDSA Experience, which will be located in the Design Gallery. Here's what's planned:
- Join a thought-provoking, ID-centric, white board activity; tell the world about the impact of industrial design.
- Support the next generation of design; shop ‘til you drop in the Design Foundation Auction, which will feature several, innovative, new, International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) 2016 products, such as Karim for Kayra glassware; the Ricoh Theta S 360 degree camera; and the ideacentre Y910 gaming computer—as well as other donated items, such as the GenZe 2.0 electric scooter; and a set of priceless, Kodak bakelite cameras designed by Walter Dorwin Teague.
- Reunite with old friends or make new ones.
- Get silly and capture the moments in the photo booth; take home souvenir photo strips or share on social media.
- Meet the 2016 IDSA Student Merit Award winners from all five District Design Conferences; learn about how they're making an impact on design. The SMAs are sponsored by Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks.
- Meet the IDSA staff; learn more about our membership benefits; fantastic programs; and exciting events.
- Charge your mobile devices.
- Kick back, put up your feet and clear your mind.
The IDSA Experience will be open from 9am to 4pm on Thursday, August 18 and Friday, August 19; and from 9am to 2pm on Saturday, August 20. Don't miss it!