IDSA to Host fourth Medical Design Conference
Registration is open for IDSA’s Medical Design Conference 2018—set for March 29 at Boston Marriott Copley Place. EXPERIENCE will explore the potency of designing, researching and experiencing healthcare products and environments that weld human performance, business and the dignity of users.
“We’ll cover everything from future trends that impact medical design—to best practices and tools and techniques for the research and design of effective medical product and environments,” says conference Chair Bryce Rutter, PhD, IDSA, founder and CEO of Metaphase Design Group, an IDSA Ambassador. “EXPERIENCE will provide a wide range of attendees—from corporate and consulting designers to medical design students and educators—with unrivaled content and networking opportunities.”
EXPERIENCE will dive into mind shares from thought leaders on the impact of IoT, robotics and nanotechnology on ID—to share-outs by leading experts on best practices in healthcare design today. Dynamic speakers announced so far include experts and educators in medical design, human factors and much more:
- Aidan Petrie, co-founder/CIO, Ximedica
- Chris Rockwell, CEO, Lextant
- Associate Professor Robert Lederer, IDSA, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Canada
- Assistant Professor Mary Forhan, PhD, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Canada
- Charles Mauro, CHFP, IDSA, president, MAURO Usability Science
And don't miss two, in-situ, pre-conference workshops are set for March 28 at Boston Children's Hospital:
- 9am–12pm Unlocking New Value through Healthcare Experience Mapping Jonathan Dalton, IDSA & Trent Kahute, IDSA, THRIVE
- 1–4pm Contextual Analysis in Laparoscopic Surgery, Sean Hägen, IDSA, BlackHägen Design
The timing couldn’t better as this fourth IDSA Medical Design Conference follows the HFES International Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care, which will be held from March 26 to 28, also at Boston Marriott Copley Place.