IDSA Awards 2017 are open for nominations until June 16, 2017. Pascal Malassigné, FIDSA, senior professor and chair of industrial design at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, returns as chair of the IDSA Awards Committee. Also returning are committe members Austen Angell, FIDSA; Julie Heard, FIDSA; Bob Schwartz, FIDSA; and Craig Vogel, FIDSA.
All nominations, including letters of support and supplementary materials, must come from IDSA members in good standing, Begin the nomination process now by clicking on the title of the award below to view the forms and requirements:
- Academy of Fellows recommendations are for members in good standing who have earned the special respect and affection of the membership through distinguished service to the society and to the profession as a whole.
- The Personal Recognition Award recognizes designers or other individuals whose involvement in, and support of, design has made him/her a special friend of the profession and major contributor to its long-term welfare and importance.
- The Special Award recognizes organizations for notable results, creative and innovative concepts and long-term benefits to the profession, its educational function and society at large.
- The Education Award is presented in recognition of significant and distinguished contributions to the field of industrial design education.
- The Young Educator of the Year Award is presented in recognition of the contributions of younger faculty who have made the choice to dedicate their careers primarily to the education of the next generation of designers.
Questions? Contact Karen Foust at email@example.com.