2017 Housewares Design Awards Announce Winners; IDSA Members Among Jurors
IDSA Board of Directors West District VP and West District Design 2017 Conference Chair Jason Belaire, IDSA, and former International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) winner Max Burton, IDSA were among the judges in the 12th annual Housewares Design Awards.
From a super-powered food processor to the next generation of a self-guided vacuum to a vegetable spiralizer—the latest home innovations took top prizes in the Housewares Design Awards presented by HOMEWORLD BUSINESS® in January 2017 at the Winter Las Vegas Market—the first time the ceremony was held in the western United States.
Best of the Best Gold was awarded to the Electrolux Masterpiece 17-cup Food Processor with PowerTilt technology and a 1,200-watt TurboBoost induction motor. Best of the Best Silver was scooped up by the iRobot Roomba 960 vacuum cleaner which uses localization and mapping technology. The Oxo Good Grips Hand-Held Spiralizer, which turns vegetables into curly noodles, grabbed the Best of the Best Bronze.
Here are the category winners:
- Cookware & Bakeware: Trudeau Corporation, Trudeau Round Cake Pan
- Countertop Cooking & Beverage Appliances: Jura Inc., Jura Z6
- Countertop Food Prep Appliances: Electrolux, Electrolux Masterpiece Food Processor
- Countertop Kitchenware: Nambé, Forte Salt & Pepper Shakers
- Cutlery & Cutting Tools: Wüsthof, Classic 7” Ultimate Everyday Knife
- Floor Care & Cleaning Appliances: iRobot, Roomba 960
- Gadgets & Kitchen Tools: Oxo, Oxo Good Grips Hand-Held Spiralizer
- Home & Outdoor Décor: Alessi, Ora in/Ora out clocks
- Home Environment Appliances: Swizz Style, Stadler Form Eva Ultrasonic Humidifier
- Home Organization, Laundry Care & Non-Electric Cleaning: Casabella Holdings LLC, Spin 'n Dry Mop
- Personal, Health & Garment Care: EpiladyUSA, Inc., Epilady Drop Wet/Dry Rechargeable Epilator
- Tableware, Serveware & Beverageware: Frieling, French Press
Housewares Design Awards finalists were chosen based on design believed to differentiate a product with unique appearance and/or function. The judges considered appropriate aesthetics, innovative materials and technology and user benefits such as performance, comfort, ease of use, safety and marketability.
"The Housewares Design Awards is proud to have been a catalyst for recognizing and raising awareness of the practical and stylish housewares innovation that fuels this business,” saiys Peter Giannetti, editor-in-chief of HOMEWORLD BUSINESS®.