Welcome to INNOVATION, IDSA's quarterly design journal and one of the best places to learn about the practice of design. Every issue of INNOVATION reaches IDSA's membership, the CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, universities, associations, design consultancies and subscribers around the world.
If you are logged in as a member you will see a link to the digital version of INNOVATION to the right.
Professional IDSA members receive a free copy of INNOVATION four times a year as part of their member benefits. Copies of past articles or full editions of can be ordered by calling 703.707.6000, x118. Nonmembers can subscribe to the quarterly or become an IDSA member.
Here is the table of contents for the 2013 summer issue that focuses on design as strategy. Articles highlighted in red are available to anyone as PDFs.
DESIGN AS STRATEGY
by Mark Capper, IDSA, Guest Editor
- Using Culture & Trend Research to Develop Design Strategies for Unsung Resources
by Michael Trump
- Expanding Design Research Beyond Ethnography: Teaching Strategic Design
by Frank M. Grunwald, L/IDSA
- How Much Does Your Organization Weigh?
by John R. Latham
- Problem Finding or Problem Framing?
by Katherine Bennett, IDSA
- Strategies for Bridging Business and Design
by Søren Petersen
- The Collaboration of Design and Research: Blue-Ocean Innovation
by Mark Capper, IDSA
- What’s Your Design Strategy? It’s Your Story.
by Paul Earle
- San Jose State University’s Design Entrepreneurship Class: D-SHIP
by Gerard Furbershaw, IDSA and Scot Herbst, IDSA
- Industrial Designers in the 21st Century: Masters of the Experience
by Fernd van Engelen
- Defining and Measuring Creativity in Product Design: Searching for a Yardstick
by Susan Besemer and Philip Thompson
IN EVERY ISSUE
- From the Editor
by Mark Dziersk, FIDSA
- Design Defined
by Richard Beien
- Book Review
by Scott Stropkay, IDSA
- Business Concepts
by Michael Westcott, IDSA
- A Look Back
by Carroll Gantz, FIDSA
by Tucker Viemeister, FIDSA
by Alistair Hamilton, IDSA