The Industrial Designers Society of America, St. Louis Chapter (IDSA-STL), in partnership with the Saint Louis Science Center (SLSC) are proud to announce the 2015 5th Annual IDSA-STL Student Design Competition.
Where: The Saint Louis Science Center, Boeing Hall
The Design Challenge: Invent an engaging design solution for an experience that could take place at Saint Louis Science Center’s Science Corner
- Site location is at the undeveloped Science Corner, at the intersection of Kingshighway Blvd. and Manchester Ave., St. Louis, MO., which is also an entrance to The Grove entertainment district.
- Science Corner is composed of 42,000 sq. ft. of land owned by the Saint Louis Science Center.
- Solution(s) should bolster the Science Center educational mission statement: "To ignite and sustain lifelong science and technology learning”
- Considerations must be sensitive to the surrounding Forest Park Southeast neighborhood.
- A designated Science Center spokesperson will serve as the client representative.
- Presentations will be open to the public before a panel of jurors from the St. Louis professional design community, SLSC and Forest Park Southeast neighborhood.
- Student entrants must be enrolled within a university design program and are strongly encouraged to work in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Entries limited to two (2) teams from each university.
- Cash award provided to the winning team.
- Distribution of a detailed design brief will follow this Spring.
- Submitted designs can remain on public display at the Science Center after the competition.
For further questions please contact: Tony Schmidt, IDSA-STL Chapter Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please help us to promote this competition by downloading, printing and sharing copies of the official Announcement and the Brief available as PDF files below.