What is the IDSA International Conference?
Each year, designers, business leaders, educators and students from all over the world gather at the IDSA International Conference and Education Symposium. This event combines provocative speakers with practical information and solutions, as well as with plenty of time for building personal and professional connections.
Who should attend?
Designers, business professionals, design educators and students—anyone who is passionate about design, eager to learn more about industrial design and shape the future of the profession.
What do registration fees cover and how are they set?
- Professional registration fees include attendance to the full conference, conference materials, admission to the opening Gala and closing happy hour.
- Because we strive to keep educator and student rates as low as possible, educator and student registration fees do not include admission to the opening Gala, but interested educators and students can purchase a separate ticket to the Gala if they so choose (email email@example.com if interested). Closing happy hour ticket is included with the educator and student rates.
- For all registrants, breakfasts and dinners are on your own.
Do I have to be an IDSA member to register?
No. The International Conference is open to everyone. However, IDSA members are eligible to receive significant discounts on registration rates. Learn more about IDSA membership. Check out the benefits and join here.
How do I register?
If you are an IDSA member andhave previously registered for an event or purchased a product on IDSA.org:
- Log in using the primary email address you have on file at IDSA and your password.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it here.
If you do not have an account on our website, from the login screen, click on the Create Account/Join IDSA button and proceed.
- From your MYIDSA account page, click on Register for Int’l Conference
- Select the correct ticket type and choose the “Next” button.
- Review your badge information and choose the “Next” button.
- Confirm your total and click the “Register Now” button. Select the “Check Out” button and follow the on-screen prompts to make your payment.
- If you encounter any problems, please contact Katie Fleger
Can we get a discount for group registrations?
- Discounts on professional regular, late and onsite rates are available for five or more people registering from the same company. You must complete a registration form for each registrant and return all completed forms along with full payment, either by email or fax, to receive the discount. Contact Katie Fleger to receive registration forms.
- All student, educator and young professional rates are deeply discounted, so additional group discounts are not available on those rates.
Am I eligible for the educator rate?
- A member educator rate is available to IDSA members who are full-time educators.
- Nonmember educator rates are also available to full-time education professionals.
- Educator discounts are not currently available for individuals employed outside of the education field but who also teach on a part-time basis.
Can I buy a one-day pass to the conference?
- A limited number of day passes are available at a rate of $350 ($400 for Saturday)
- Each individual may only purchase a one-day pass for one day’s attendance.
Contact Katie Fleger to obtain a day pass.
How do you select speakers for the conference?
Each year, IDSA announces an open call for speakers inviting members, nonmembers, chapter leaders and other interested parties to propose suggestions for the program. The conference chair vets these submissions with the planning committee and selects those submissions that will best fit the conference theme.
Will video of the conference be available?
Yes. IDSA will post video and presentations from general session presentations on the IDSA website in the weels following the conference.
Is there a discounted hotel room rate at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center for attendees?
- A rate of $178 single/double plus taxes per night is available through the IDSA discounted room block.
- More information about registeration and the hotel is available on the International Conference location page.
What is the dress code?
What is the weather like in Detroit in August?
Detroit's average high temperature in August is 81 degrees with an average low temperature of 62 degrees.
What is the cancellation policy?
- 50 percent refund until Aug. 3, 2016.
- No refunds after Aug. 3, 2016.
- No refunds will be issued without written request.
- Refunds will be processed after the conference.
- Substitutions may be made until Aug. 10, 2016.
- If you have questions, please contact Katie Fleger or at 703.707.6000 x104.
Do you offer any comp registrations?
No. At this time, we are unable to offer complimentary registrations to anyone. This policy is based on a firm commitment to equity and fairness.
Inquiries about media coverage of the International Conference and IDEA should be directed to Sudha Kamath