DESIGN FOUNDATION UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
The Design Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity supporting design education and social responsibility. Part of its mission is to advance education in design by funding scholarships. We are currently accepting applications for these scholarships.
The recipient will receive an award to be used in the completion of industrial design degree work in the 2014 – 2015 school year. Awards are based solely on the excellence of the work students submit.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student and pursuing an industrial design degree.
- Applicants must have completed their freshman year of college, have at least one semester of undergraduate studies remaining prior to graduation and must be earning a “B” or better cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must be a student member of IDSA.
- Once an applicant has been awarded a Design Foundation undergraduate scholarship, they are ineligible to apply again even if they still meet the application criteria.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants are asked to fill out this form which will include:
- Letter explaining your interest in industrial design, career aspirations and goals.
- Twenty (20) visual examples of your work showing various projects. These images should be no larger than 1800 x 1200 pixels saved as a JPG or PNG file and should include at least one visual example of applicant's sketching ability.
- IDSA must receive this completed application by May 31, 2014.
- You must request that an official transcript is mailed to us from your school registrar’s office.
- All application materials must be submitted in English.
- There should be no mention of the applicant’s name or school on the letter or any of the images (including filenames). Applications will be disqualified if this information is present.