Feeling creative? Here is your chance to attend IDSA’s 2012 International Conference in Boston, The Future Is… Aug. 15-18 and get a brand new iPad all for FREE!
There is a huge wealth of talent out there among IDSA members, supporters and the design community as a whole! We want to see YOUR vision of the future!
So, IDSA’s The Future Is… Poster Contest is officially under way! Get designing and show us what you’ve got! Here are all the details:
Entering Your Poster:
Create an 11 X 17 poster for IDSA’s 2012 International Conference, The Future Is… Here are the only stipulations for creating your poster:
- Include the official 2012 International Conference logo in the poster, and the conference date and city on that logo must be legible when poster is printed at 11 X 17. Download logo here.>>
- Include the list of awesome keynotes in the poster in at least 9 pt. font. Get the complete list of keynotes here. >>
- Poster size must be 11 X 17 and at least 300dpi and no more than 60 Mb and formatted as a jpg. or pdf.
- Do not include name or copywrite information on the poster itself in order to maintain the anonymity of the posters during the judging process.
You can focus on any aspect of the future: the future of design, the folks who will be speaking at the conference, evolving design practice, visions of our future world or society, a specific aspect of design or how designers can create the future that we want. It’s all up to you!
Upload your poster with IDSA’s official Web entry form. Entry period has closed.
- One Winner shall be chosen by popular vote to receive the following:
- One complimentary registration to IDSA’s 2012 International Conference in Boston Aug. 15-18
- 4 nights paid accommodations including any applicable taxes for one individual at the Westin Boston Waterfront arriving Aug. 15 and departing Aug. 19.
- One new iPad that will be delivered to the winner in person at the conference.
- Contest entry period: Entries accepted May 24 to Midnight EST, June 22, 2012.
- Live voting period on IDSA.org: 5pm EST, June 26 to Midnight EST, July 11, 2012.
- Winner notification: No later than July 16, 2012.
- Winner announced to the public on July 16, 2012.
All members of the public may cast confidential votes for their choice of poster. Voting will be done electronically through a unanimous link provided on the poster gallery page on IDSA.org. during the voting period. There is no limit to the number of times an individual may vote.
- Any individual or group of individuals 18 years of age or older may enter. However only one conference registration/hotel stay and iPad will be awarded.
- No person currently employed by IDSA or their immediate family members shall be eligible to win the contest.
- An individual may enter as many posters as he/she chooses however each entry must be submitted separately.
- Entries must be submitted through the official entry process and web form and art must be uploaded to IDSA.org as part of that process received no later than midnight EST July 11 to be eligible to win.
- Entries received that do not include a legible version of the conference logo or all keynote speakers in at least 9pt. font shall be disqualified from the voting process.
- Results of the anonymous process shall be final.
Judging Process and Criteria:
- IDSA will post entries in a special gallery on IDSA.org where the public will view and vote on them.
- The public will be asked to vote for their favorite poster based on the following criteria:
- Effective representation of the conference theme, The Future Is…
- Effective incorporation of the conference logo and speakers in the poster.
- Overall aesthetics and design.
By entering the contest and submitting a poster each entrant agrees to all of the terms and conditions listed herein.
- Entrants retain copyright to all submitted work.
- Entrant agrees to have submitted work published anonymously on IDSA.org during the contest period and confers to IDSA the license to use and/or reproduce that work (with appropriate credit provided to the artist after the contest period).
- By submitting an entry, entrant agrees that IDSA and any other party authorized by it shall have permission to publish any material contained in the submission. All entry material is on the public record and no content will be treated confidentially.
- All data contained in the submission become the property of IDSA and part of its archives.
- Winner is responsible for transportation to and from the conference at his/her own expense and any incidental expenses that they incur while attending.
- Reservations for the winner and payment for that stay shall be handled by IDSA staff.
- Should the winner be unable to attend the International Conference he/she may transfer the complimentary registration and hotel stay to another individual that he/she designates. However, the iPad shall then be presented to that person at the conference as their proxy.
Limitation of Liability:
IDSA shall not be held liable for delivering the product to the winner once it is presented to winner’s designee. IDSA, its agents or employees shall not be held liable for any issue, defect or perceived deficiency that may arise with either the hotel or iPad. Other than as stated above with reference to transferring the conference registration, no substitutions or alterations may be made to prizes stated herein.