IDEA winners receive significant, international publicity and exposure. In contrast to many other design awards, most of the associated perks of winning an IDEA are included with your entry fee. In addition to our media partners' announcement of the winners, hundreds of print and online media networks pick up IDEA winners' stories each year. IDSA's annual Yearbook of Design Excellence, featuring in-depth coverage of the Gold winners and a complete listing of all honorees, is distributed to an international audience of design and business executives.
Additional Benefits of Being an IDEA Winner
- Publicity–International press exposure of close to 500,000 views
- Yearbook of Design Excellence–inclusion in and copy of this keepsake
- Trophies for Gold, Silver and Bronze winners
- IDEA Gallery online–attracting more than 3,000 page views/month and featuring a SEARCH function to locate winners by level, category, year and name
- Winning products become part of the permanent collection of The Henry Ford Museum
- License to display the redesigned IDEA winner's logo on your website, packaging, advertising and merchandising materials
IDEA judging is based on the following criteria of Design Excellence. A winning design meets most of these criteria in a positive manner, category dependent.
- Design Innovation - How is this design unique or innovative compared to other designs in this category?
- User Experience - How does this design deliver a simple, intuitive or delightful user experience?
- Benefit to the Client - How does this design improve the client or manufacturer's profitability, brand reputation and/or employee morale?
- Benefit to the Society - How does this design benefit greater good; consider society, the environment, culture and/or the economy?
- Appropriate Aesthetics - The judges will use the provided visual materials (photos; optional video) to assess this category-dependent criteria.
SCHEDULE FOR IDEA 2018
- Open for Entry: Jan. 2, 2018
- Regular Entry Period: Jan. 2 – Mar. 5, 2018
- Late Entry Period: Mar. 6 – Mar. 19
- Finalists notified by: Apr. 18
- Winners notified by: June 1