Nominations Open until June 29, 2018!
IDSA conducts annual recognition through the IDSA Awards program. IDSA members in good standing are invited to nominate candidates. Pascal Malassigné, FIDSA, senior professor and chair of industrial design at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, served as chair of the IDSA Awards 2017 Committee, which also included Austen Angell, FIDSA; Julie Heard, FIDSA; Bob Schwartz, FIDSA; and Craig Vogel, FIDSA. Read more about the 2017 winners and Fellows.
Click on the title of the award in red text below to view the submission forms and requirements:
- Academy of Fellows recommendations are for members in good standing who have earned the special respect and affection of the membership through distinguished service to the society and to the profession as a whole.
- The Personal Recognition Award recognizes designers or other individuals whose involvement in, and support of, design has made him/her a special friend of the profession and major contributor to its long-term welfare and importance.
- The Special Award recognizes organizations for notable results, creative and innovative concepts and long-term benefits to the profession, its educational function and society at large.
- The Education Award is presented in recognition of significant and distinguished contributions to the field of industrial design education.
- The Young Educator of the Year Award is presented in recognition of the contributions of younger faculty who have made the choice to dedicate their careers primarily to the education of the next generation of designers.
If you have questions, please contact Karen Berube.
Please note: all nominations must come from IDSA members in good standing, including letters of support and supplementary materials.